Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The types of media that push my buttons...

It really annoys me to see commercials on television whose content makes virtually no connection to the product being advertised. I realize that this is a tactic to get my attention, and admittedly sometimes it works; but if you can't sell a product without using humor and shock value to get my attention, it's probably a product that I don't really need. Spam/pop-up ads are another type of media that I really hate. The fact that I can recieve anywhere from 20-50 emails daily from all sorts of solicitors is bothersome. I feel that there really should be some sort of regulation in this area. I also dislike news commentary/opinion shows where the host will invite guests on to argue their point of view concerning some sort of controversial current event, but then rudely interrupts the guest, not allowing them to express their point of view. I've even seen some hosts go as far as to cut the audio of the guest if they didn't like what they were saying.

No comments: