Friday, September 14, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

While I don't necessarily agree with the latter definition, I am not about to say that it is not frequently used or seen in situations such as this. I am not afraid to say that situations may be handled in this manner in a majority of situations. For, as some previous posts have stated, a person's reputation, especially when in a political or public position, is sometimes one of the most, if not the most, important aspect. A situation like this has the potential to crush even the most stable career, and I have no doubt that any attempt to spin the negative into the positive will be pounced upon, whether its morally right or not. However, I think that most of these decisions result out of sheer desperation to salvage whatever can be salvaged, and this is not the first time we have seen these actions. Clinton lying under oath, anyone? All sheer desperation. Do I blame him for taking unethical measures in order to get out of trouble? No. Do I agree. Absolutely not.

No comments: