Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pushing my buttons

Okay some things that really push my buttons that are brought to us via the media are the new text messages I get on my phone for advertisements. I have NO idea how they get there, why they are there, or how to get rid of them. I think they're from my phone company, but who really knows. I get them every month or so. The other thing that kind of bothers me are when the broadcasters on channels like CNN and even the local news will sit there and talk about what's being chatted up in the Blogs. I know public opinion (okay and that IS this course) is important and they love to get feedback on certain issues, and I don't mind them talking about it for a few minutes, but sometimes they will spend 10 minutes discussing what everyone is saying on the blogs... so what's the point of even going online to chat in the blogs and find out what everyone thinks when it's going to be on tv? The internet and blogging is something that just allows us to communicate with one another and lets the public complain, recommend or just share feelings. I know anchors are looking for stuff to talk about so people will watch their show, but those times when they talk about the blogs for LONG periods of time it ruins the concept of blogging.

No comments: