Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I definitely agree with all of the previous statements that were made regarding this 1930's advertisement. Women were considered "homemakers" during that time period and men had a certain expectation of their wives to fill the needs of the home; one being cleaning and opening drains apparently. I agree this ad would never work in today's society. I just so happen to be slightly offended by it. But what 21st century woman wouldn't be?

I find the ad even more interesting just because of the amount of text and dialoge that goes along with it. The ad includes a type of conversation noting this is the way women of that time often felt about their spouse. I just find it very interesting how things have changed over the past 80 years in the way we advertise and how men and women view each other in relationships.

No comments: