Thursday, August 30, 2007

harping on one issue

I very much so agree with Barry. And maybe the reason this bothers me so much is because it hit very close to home for me. I'm sure we all remember in April when the shootings happened at VT. I can agree that it deserved a lot of media attention, but for me, as a local of this area, the media just harped on this issue. I just can't help but wonder, at what point are they no longer reporting for the sake of informing the public, but for the sake of "good TV?" Is there a line that has been crossed, and if so, at which point do we reach that line? Even now, months after the tradegy, ESPN's Gameday will be in Blacksburg on Saturday. For those of you who don't know, this is a right ususally reserved for the biggest of the big games in college football. Virginia Tech is playing Eastern Carolina, which will not exactly be a nail-biter. Are they going for college football, or are they going to see if they can catch a tear streaming from someone's eye? I guess we'll see.

No comments: